YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

British VS Singaporeans

(Got this from WeiXuan's blog.)
The British english versus the Singaporean english.
(One may conclude that our english is kanasai, but in fact, it's simple, short, concise & straight to the point.)
When giving customers bad news:
British: I'm sorry sir. It seems that we do not have the shirt of your size.
Singaporeans: Bo stock.
Returning a call:
British: Hello, this is John Smith calling. Did anyone call me a few minutes ago?
Singaporeans: Ello, who call me?
Asking someone to make way:
British: Excuse me, I would like to get by, would you please make way for me?
Singaporeans: Siam leh.
When someone stares:
British: What is it that you're staring at?
Singaporeans: See what see?
When someone is noisy:
British: Can you please stop making so much noise here?
Singaporeans: Diam lah!

No comments: