YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, March 28, 2013

340; Our God is greater, our God is stronger


2 months back, we received our courses offered for the next stage of Education through a text message by MOE. Based on my O level results, I wasn't qualified to apply for good JCs and courses in the Polytechnics, which left me with limited choices. I was then offered "Business Information Systems" which I'm not interested in. at all. I tried using JPASE, DPSAE but neither could allow me to change course.

A peaceful month ago, Nat(in short as we call him), from COGS, had a chat with me, asking me about my school related course. So he asked if i was keen to get into the School of Hospitality. I WAS. I ALWAYS AM. He then mentioned he would try to help me get into a course in SOH, however, i would still have to appeal. Then I thought, why not give it a try, and i did. Later did i realise he was a senior from SOH hahaha!! (:

After waiting painstakingly for one whole month, I finally received an email inviting me to go for an interview and writing test for SOH. I was late for the writing test, but thank God i managed to finish my essay "I want to get in the School of Hospitality because... ..." within the time frame. Or was it because my mum already prepared me with a similar question the night before? ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interviewer: "If you are not given the course of your choice, but a course in the SOH, would you accept?"

Me: "Yes. Afterall, the basics we are gonna learn are similar."

Interviewer: "Smart girl"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The interview went well i guess. But i wasn't as confident as I was before the interview than after. It was pretty cool though, the 11 of us selected for this interview went through a round of Panel interview.

Waiting for 10 days felt like a year, especially when you're expecting results. So today, I woke up to this... ...


This is not a thank you speech, but i would really like to Thank God for my fellow brother in Christ, Nathaniel Ghui, and that i did actually try. And of course, I prayed day and night hoping for a miracle, and then it happened. (: Now that I have finally settled down into a course i'm satisfied with, I believe it's a new beginning to my schooling years. Nonetheless, All Glory and Praise to God. :D